Monday, February 23, 2015

Very Calmly Freaking Out

Tomorrow night I proceed to the airport to get on a plane that will take me to a whole other country, city, and environment. I am so horribly nervous and excited at the same time that I seem to have just settled in the middle and am rather.. neutral about the whole thing. The trip seems so surreal that I think after I land I will have to take a few days, maybe even a few weeks to fully realize the extent of where I am and what I am doing. The hardest part about preparing for this journey has been packing since I am going to be in such a wide arrange of cultures and weather. I mean how am I supposed to pack clothes for 90+ degrees and humid all the way down to 40 degrees up in the mountains and then 60ish degrees while having to look rather presentable all into one bag?? But it must be done and i'll have to just figure things out the hard way.

What it really comes down to, all this planning and stressing, is that I get to go eat some amazing food. Food. FOOD. If you know me at all you know that 98% of the reason I am going on this trip is so that I can try amazing new cuisines and delicacies. The food stalls in Thailand. Austrian cake. Carbonara in Rome. Tea time in Ireland... I am speechless when I think about all the food I will be stuffing my face with.

Anyways if you'd like to talk to me while I am traveling I can be reached by email at blymeola@yahoo.com. Remember that I will be in different time zones and may not always have access to wifi, so give me a few days to reply!

Here's my itinerary:

February 26th - April 16th: Will be traveling with Nils in Thailand, Malaysia, and Laos. Meeting with Ben and Sydney in Bangkok on the 1st-2nd. We will all be in Bangkok during April 13th-15th for the Thai New Year's festival: Songkran.

April 16th - April 30th: Flying from Bangkok to Kathmandu, Nepal with Sydney to trek the Langtang Valley Trail.

April 30th- May 15th: Staying with Nina (Hailley's exchange student from last year) in Austria, an hour outside Vienna.

May 15th - May 20th: Flying to Rome, Italy. Staying in a hostel just a few minutes from Termini.

May 20th - July 9th: Will be flying to Dublin, Ireland and then taking the train to Carlow. In Carlow I will be wwoofing at Huntington Castle. www.huntingtoncastle.com

July 10th: HOME

2 comments:

  1. Bailey may all your days of travel and protected love you so much honey and I'm excited for this time in your life. Godspeed and safety in all that you do. Remember you are loved and will be missed by many. Love grandma Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you're probably on the ground by now and hopefully your flight went without any problems. Now it's time to catch up on The time difference. Sleep well Bailey girl,

    ReplyDelete